Home > Tocema > ACHIEVEMENTS
What has been carried out so far ?
- Building of a strong network among its partners,
- Development of common European guidelines for town centre management,
- Encouragement of the development and quality of town centre management initiatives,
- Set-up of the European definition of Town Centre Management,
- Set up of common criteria for a three level European Quality Mark that will serve as reference in Europe and encourage town centre management initiatives to increase the quality of their services,
- Publication of a practical guide on best practices and methodologies allowed the partners to prepare the redaction of a practical guide for town centre managers. This practical guide - available in 6 languages in the publication section of this website- is divided into 4 thematic chapters: 'partnership', 'vision and strategy', 'actions' and ' town centre managers'. It aims to guide and give tools to managers in order to enable them reach the different standards of the Quality Mark as well as to disseminate the concept of town centre management,
- Dissemination of the concept in places where town centre management has not been developed. Select and award initiatives that applied for the Quality Mark – First level,
- Certification ISO 9001 of the second and thrid levels of the Quality Mark - High and Excellence,
- Since 2012, TOCEMA Europe has become TOCEMA Worldwide adding to its European network new members and experts from Australia, Canada, Japan, Singapore and the United-States.